To The Top Halloween Weekend in Hattiesburg, Oct. 27-30
At VisitHattiesburg, we enjoy working with and highlighting all of our tourism partners. Our destination is filled with excellent spots for food, drinks, and fun. We love compiling itineraries for our visitors and writing blogs throughout the year to share tips and locations that are sure to bring smiles to all. With that, here’s a snippet of some amazing things to experience in our blog below!
Go To The Top this weekend as you cheer on our Golden Eagles! For four days enjoy, football, fall, and frights all throughout Hattiesburg!
- Lunch – Ed’s Burger Joint
- After your drive to Hattiesburg, treat yourself to a freshly made burger at Ed’s Burger Joint. On top of delicious burgers, Ed’s offers fun yard games for everyone to enjoy and plenty of comfortable seating. Finish your meal with an over-the-top, gourmet milkshake.
- Dinner – Mario’s Italian
- Enjoy dinner at Mario’s Italian Restaurant & Bar to carb-load before cheering on the USM Eagles. Mario’s is a family-owned and operated restaurant, serving delicious homemade Sicilian dishes in a friendly atmosphere. With two locations near USM, Mario’s will have you in and out and ready for the game in no time!
- Activity – Louisiana vs Southern Miss
- Southern Miss is taking on the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns, so get your game face on as you head over to MM Roberts Stadium to support the Golden Eagles. On your way in, don’t miss Hattiesburg’s newest mural ‘Soar to Score,’ located on the north end of Eagle Walk. Have a TO THE TOP gameday experience!
- Breakfast – Coney Island Café
- Start your morning off with breakfast at Coney Island Café, a downtown Hattiesburg staple. With nearly a hundred years of serving delicious food under their belt, Coney Island is one of the best in town. From flapjacks to chili dogs, they’ve got it all for a great start to your day. PRO TIP: Coney Island Café is cash only, so bring your dolla dolla bills y’all.
- Activity – Explore Downtown
- While downtown, take a self-guided walking tour of historic buildings and Hattiesburg’s designated historic neighborhood. Explore downtown’s rich history, impressive architecture, and even find the hidden footsteps in the sidewalk on Main St.
- That’s not all there is to discover downtown. The HBURG Public Art Trail, with more than 50 stops throughout the city, has dozens of murals and painted utility boxes in the heart of downtown. Get inspired as you wander the alleyways in search of larger-than-life dragonflies, hummingbirds, and smiles.
- Enjoy a bit of retail therapy by shopping at the Lucky Rabbit, a premier variety store selling antiques, local goods, and more. With a new theme each month, The Lucky Rabbit keeps the fun alive in downtown Hattiesburg. Don’t miss recreated sets from Schitt’s Creek and Stranger Things, as well as spooky displays throughout the store this October.
- Lunch – Southern Prohibition
- Enjoy lunch at one of the oldest breweries in Mississipi at Southern Prohibition Brewery. From high-quality house brewed beers to delicious menu items, SoPro offers some of the best pairings in town. Grab a seat and let the SoPro team pour you a beer.
- Activity – The Addams Family: A New Musical
- Enjoy a live performance of The Addams Family: A New Musical at the Martha R. Tatum Theatre at The University of Southern Mississippi. Experience the spookiest family to grace the stage in a new musical format as they attempt to “reconcile their eccentricities with their daughter’s happiness.”
- Breakfast –The Midtowner
- Leaning into Hattiesburg’s history, The Midtowner serves up your favorite breakfast items, as well as a handful of creative dishes, to fill your morning cravings. With awesome Southern Miss views, you’ll feel right at home in this throwback diner surrounded by photos and memorabilia of Hattiesburg days gone by.
- Activity – Visit the Hattiesburg Zoo
- Make your way to the Hattiesburg Zoo to see more than 100 species of animals! Enjoy a wild selection of attractions, such as the Wallaby Walkabout, the Touch Africa petting zoo, and the High Ropes Adventure Course. Be sure to say hello to the two Golden Eagles perched near the entrance before leaving.
- Lunch – Keg & Barrel
- The Keg & Barrel is a Hattiesburg staple with more than 120 beers on tap, tasty pub fare, traditional southern food, and a massive outdoor screen playing the top games of the day. Enjoy your meal al fresco on the Keg’s wrap-around patio.
- Dinner – Patio 44
- Finish your night up at Patio 44 for a classy dining experience. Enjoy upscale creole dishes as well as high quality wines and spirits for casual dining at its finest.
- Activity – Haunted Downtown Hattie’s Burg
- The Ghost of Hattie Hardy will be haunting the streets of downtown Hattiesburg this evening. Enjoy ghost stories, live music, costume contests, and more during this all-out (almost) all hallows eve. It’s sure to be a screaming goodtime for all.
- Breakfast – Southbound Bagel Co.
- After a weekend of fun, enjoy one last HBURG meal at Southbound Bagel Co. Come early for your choice of house-made bagels or butter up to the chef by ordering a bigger-than-your-face pancake platter.
Thanks to our incredible hotel partners, you’ll rest easy in any of our 30+ hotels.