VISITHATTIESBURG Awards Shining Stars at Annual Luncheon
HATTIESBURG (May 11, 2017)— During the 16th annual Tourism Partners Luncheon yesterday at the Historic Train Depot, VISITHATTIESBURGTM recognized twenty-two tourism industry workers as Shining Stars.
The Shining Star award is Hattiesburg’s only service-industry recognition. Each year recipients are nominated by representatives from their perspective organizations for their excellence in hospitality and customer service.
“We were delighted to recognize these Shining Stars, who contribute to Hattiesburg’s tourism industry and continually growing economy. These well-deserving individuals are our community’s frontline ambassadors, who make positive and lasting impressions with Hattiesburg’s visitors,” Rick Taylor, executive director for the Hattiesburg Convention and Tourism Commissions, said.
The 2017 Shining Star recipients included:
- Joyce Esters- Comfort Suites
- Cindy Simmons- Comfort Suites
- Latasha Simon- Fairfield Inn & Suites
- Brandi Wilson- Fairfield Inn & Suites
- Tamala Patrick- Hampton Inn & Home 2 Suites
- Kasey Stanfield- Hampton Inn & Home 2 Suites
- Danielle Herrington-Hattiesburg Convention Commission
- Shannon Daniels- Hilton Garden Inn
- Serena Saucier- Hilton Garden Inn
- Ariel Stuart- Hilton Garden Inn
- Jennifer Taylor- Hilton Garden Inn
- Jeremy Barnes- Holiday Inn & Suites
- Mason King- Holiday Inn & Suites
- Regina McCullem- Holiday Inn & Suites
- Rochelle Hicks- Mississippi Tourism Association
- Eugene Dowl- Red Lion Inn & Suites
- Austin Muldoon- Red Lion Inn & Suites
- Stacy & Steve Andrews- Tabella Scratch Italian
- Henderson Cunningham- Towneplace Suites
- Marisa Siebert- Towneplace Suites
- Micaela Temple- Towneplace Suites
The Tourism Partners Luncheon is one of many events throughout the city that VISITHATTIESBURGTM is hosting this week in celebration of National Tourism and Travel Week. These events give the VISITHATTIESBURGTM team an opportunity to thank tourism partners for hosting 1.8 million visitors in 2016.
National Tourism Week Events in Hattiesburg: May 11-13
Thursday, May 11: Tacos & Tequila at Hattiesburg Zoo from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Join VISITHATTIESBURGTM after hours at the Zoo for tacos and craft tequila pairings, chips and salsa, complete with festive live music, South American animal encounters, giant Jenga, and beer pong! This event is limited to guests 21 or older only Pre-sales end at 4 p.m. on Thursday. However, tickets are still available at the gate.
Friday, May 12: Visitors Center Open House from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
VISITHATTIESBURGTM ambassadors will have complimentary donuts and coffee from 9 a.m. until noon and cookies and lemonade from noon until 5 p.m. for guests. Visitors can also register to win an HBURG gift basket valued at $200. Those who purchase items from the Visitors Center store on Friday will receive 20 percent off their order.
Friday, May 12: VISITHATTIESBURGTM presents Live at Five from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
The entire community is invited for a free, outdoor music event held at Town Square Park. VISITHATTIESBURGTM and all Hattiesburg Convention Commission facilities will be present. The first 100 guests to stop by the VISITHATTIESBURGTM booth will have the opportunity to spin the prize wheel for a chance to win.
Contact: Paige Crane, PR Coordinator