6th Annual Hattiesburg Restaurant Week Returns For Oct. 8-14, 2023
HATTIESBURG (Sept. 13, 2023) — Food lovers should mark their calendars! VisitHATTIESBURG is pleased to announce the sixth annual Hattiesburg Restaurant Week, scheduled for Oct. 8 - 14, 2023. This year’s mouthwatering theme is 'Get Cheesy,' and local restaurants are already crafting dishes to delight the palates of this ultimate foodie destination. Attracting both residents and visitors, Hattiesburg boasts nearly 200 local restaurants and stands as Mississippi's ultimate foodie hub.
"Hattiesburg Restaurant Week continues to grow into a must-do, must-taste experience, and the buzz for this year's theme is already generating great response," says Kristen Brock, Director of Programs and Development at VisitHATTIESBURG. "This annual extravaganza stimulates the local economy in a fun way and also highlights Hattiesburg’s dynamic and delicious culinary scene."
During the week-long celebration, more than 40 of Hattiesburg’s local eateries will be participating. In line with this year's theme, "Get Cheesy," each restaurant will offer an exclusive dish featuring a cheese element that promises to delight and surprise patrons. From gourmet cheeseburgers and luxurious mac and cheese to silky cheesecake and creamy dips, the choices will showcase the versatile and delicious role of cheese in Hattiesburg's rich culinary landscape.
Some of this year’s exclusive dishes include:
- Bourbon on Front, Bourbon Board
- Brass Hat, Pigs in a Blanket with Beer Cheese
- Colludium Brewery, Colludium Cubano
- Crescent City Grill and Mahogany Bar, Cheddar Ale Soup
- Depot Kitchen & Market, Arancini stuffed with fresh mozzarella and parmesan
- Ed's Burger Joint, Dirty Tots
- Glory Bound Gyro Co., Whipped Feta Dip
- Hattiesburgers and Blues, Triple Cheeseburger
- Indian Delight, Cheese Naan
- Loblolly Bakery, Goat Cheese and Root Vegetable Tart
- Mario's Italian, Tony's Special
- Mercury Pizza, Spicy BTC Pizza
- Mo'Bay Beignet Co., Pumpkin Cream Cheese Syrup
- Mugshots Grill and Bar, Sweet Heat Sliders
- Patio 44, Philly Cheesesteak
- Royal Spices, Lobster Grilled Cheese
- Safari Grill at Hattiesburg Zoo, Flaming Hot Cheetos Grilled Cheese
- Southern Prohibition Brewing, Kimchi Grilled Cheese & Burrata with Arugula Salad
- Tabella Scratch Italian, Heirloom Grape Tomato Caprese Salad
- The Grill at Shadow Ridge, Ribeye and Cheese Sandwich
- The Midtowner, Cat Daddy
- The Porter Public House, Cheesy Tuscan Sandwich
Restaurant Week is a program of VisitHATTIESBURG and is generously supported by Spire, a leading provider of natural gas for restaurants and residential kitchens across the city.
Freddie Triplett, Sr. business development representative at Spire, adds, “Strengthening local restaurants while enriching the quality of life for our residents perfectly aligns with Spire’s mission.”
To create a cohesive dining experience throughout the city, servers at participating restaurants receive customized aprons with #EatHBURG and the VisitHATTIESBURG logo. In addition, a limited number of #EatHBURG promotional items will be given away to diners at participating restaurants. Plans are underway to engage the community with a series of giveaways, including gift cards and exclusive merchandise, along with week-long discounts found on the “Visit HBURG” mobile app. Diners are encouraged to share their Restaurant Week experiences on social media with the hashtag #EatHBURG.
Eateries will continue to cultivate cheesy recipes leading up to Restaurant Week. The latest details, as well as a comprehensive list of participating restaurants, will be available at visithburg.org/eatlocal/. The Foodie Guide is conveniently sorted by neighborhood to help diners plan their culinary adventures.